Sunday will be the first time at the arena for many parents, and even for those who are used to it, things are definitely different this year with the pandemic. Here's an outline of what you need to know, plan for and expect at the rink.
- Check the registration balance on your account. 65% of the registration total must be paid at this time before stepping on the ice. You can pay when you arrive at the arena but it's far easier for us if you do it ahead of time. See our payment options plan for details on how to send payment via e-transfer.
- If you're not sure what group you're in, please check your email (don't forget the spam folder) or contact us.
- Read and become familiar with our operational plan and arena policy. Key details include (but not limited to):
One parent per child.Both parents can now attend. If you need to bring siblings keep them close to you at all times.
- Wearing mask at the arena
- Following building traffic flow
At the Arena
- While you can now dress your child at the arena you only have 15 minutes to do so. If 15 minutes is too short, dress your child partially at home. For younger groups with booster seats and car seats you may have to partially dress your child and quickly put the rest in the parking lot on your arrival. See the Hockey Gear and Car Seat Instructions from Hockey Canada in our operational plan (Appendix E).
- Plan to arrive at the arena no more than 20 minutes before your scheduled ice time. If you arrive any earlier you will be asked to wait in your car.
Entering the arena
- Someone will greet you at the door for contact tracing.
- Head to the table where volunteers will:
- Confirm your child's attendance
- Take payment (if needed)
- Tell you what dressing room to go to
- What arena section you can sit in during the session
- Go to the dressing room to put on the rest of their equipment.
- Once they are ready, go sit in the assigned section of the arena.
Leaving the arena
- Go to the dressing room to pick up your child. Your child should not remove all of their hockey gear and leave with what they arrived with.
- Leave through the back door of the arena, not the front entrance.