It is with great honour to announce that the RNMHA has been recognized as the HNB Association of the Year for 2020-21!!
As the President for the last two years I want to take a moment to recognize the immense amount of work by all members of the board and volunteers that made this happen. There are simply too many people to thank so as to not forget anyone I will refrain from naming names.
Suffice it to say we faced enormous financial and organizational challenges in last couple of years. Here are some of the highlights of our accomplishments:
- Brought financial stability by eliminating our $35,000 debt.
- Certified more coaches than any other associations.
- Created a website that manages all aspects of our operations: scheduling, registrations, parent and team personnel contacts, automatic contact list for team managers and coaches, meeting minutes, tournaments (including schedule) etc.
- Ran excellent Hockey Development weekends (last year obviously) with lots of specialty clinics.
- Through an increased amount of volunteers we were able to take advantage of various fundraising opportunities.
- Modernized many aspects of our operations, including finances and communications, which allowed us to be significantly more efficient and effective.
- Maintained a high registration rate despite the challenges of operating during the pandemic.
While we still have much to do, we are honoured for the recognition.