Description of board positions
VP of Operations
As outlined in the constitution:
- The Vice-President of Operations shall assist the President in the dispatch of his duties.
- He/she shall perform the duties of the President in his absence at which time he shall have all the rights and powers of the President.
- When acting as President, he shall not vote except to cast a deciding vote.
- He/she shall be one of the three (3) officers with financial signing authority (the other two (2) being the treasurer and/or President).
Generally, this person will assist the President in all administrative affairs (ie not hockey/technical). Usually has been in charge of discipline for the Association, but this can be subject to change.
Will assist the Technical Director in all affairs regarding Initiation/Novice, including:
- Coaching selections for initiation/novice teams
- Planning of evaluations and division of initiation/novice teams
- Coordinate with the scheduler for scheduling games/practices.
Will assist the Technical Director in all coaching related affairs, including:
- Assist in making coach selections for each team (in coordination with technical/division director)
- Planning of tryouts/evaluations and division of teams
- Assist and mentor coaches by directing them to appropriate resources