Meeting Minutes 2020-02-24

Meeting Minutes/Procès-verbal de réunion

Please note that the French minutes are google translated.

Veuillez noter que les minutes en français sont traduites par google.

Memorial Civic Centre

Boardroom

Attendees/Participants

  1. René Haché  —
  2. Roger Hickey  —
  3. Candace Roy  —
  4. Gaetan McIntyre  —
  5. Colette Ryan  —
  6. Jillian Labillois  —
  7. Eric Deschenes  —
  8. Marc Lavigne

Minutes/Procès-verbal

  1. Opening Remarks from President

    Mot de bienvenue du président

    Good work everyone, everything has been going ok.  We had a good Arnold Maisey despite the circumstances.  It has been confirmed that we won three league championship banners and that is great. 

    Bon travail à tous, tout s'est bien passé. Nous avons eu un bon maisey arnold malgré les circonstances. Il a été confirmé que nous avons remporté trois bannières de championnat de ligue et c'est formidable.

  2. Approval of agenda

    approbation de l'ordre du jour

    approved.  see motion below.

    Approuvé. Voir proposition ci-dessous

  3. Approval of minutes

    Approbation du procès-verbal

    Approved. See motion below.

    Approuvé. Voir proposition ci-dessous

  4. Correspondence

    Correspondence

    Power skating school-  we may send an email to everyone promoting it but it would be nice to have the free inscription from them to be drawn at the banquet. 

    Rene tried to reach out to Luc Foulem because Miramichi seems to think pee wee  zones only need to be finished by march 22. The documents from HNB say zones need to be completed before march 14.  Rene is trying to figure this out and is awaiting some responses. He will also check with the Bantam division to see if they are experiencing this same problem.  This seems to be a tight time frame. Please include Gatean on the email to the managers who are attending the provincials so he knows for ice time.

    Midget rec does not have zones and the top 2 teams are going to provincials.  The information that came back from the first league meeting had changed along the way.  Rene is going to send off an email to see what happened with this. Rene will also call Marcel to figure this out. 

    The meeting with the advisory committee is on March 13th at noon regarding next year's options.  Rene met with Randy Hunter recently and he heard no one had replied about the meeting so he got the ball rolling on this. Rene would also like to get a meeting with the mayor of Atholville.

    École de patinage électrique - nous pouvons envoyer un courriel à tous ceux qui en font la promotion, mais ce serait bien d'avoir leur inscription gratuite à tirer lors du banquet.

    René a tenté de joindre Luc Foulem parce que Miramichi semble penser que les zones pipi ne doivent être terminées que le 22 mars. Les documents de HNB indiquent que les zones doivent être terminées avant le 14 mars. René essaie de comprendre cela et attend quelques réponses. Il vérifiera également avec la division Bantam pour voir s'ils connaissent ce même problème. Cela semble être un calendrier serré. Veuillez inclure Gatean dans le courriel aux gestionnaires qui fréquentent les provinciaux afin qu'il sache pour le temps de glace.

    Les midget rec n'ont pas de zones et les 2 meilleures équipes vont aux provinciales. Les informations qui sont revenues de la première réunion de la ligue ont changé en cours de route. René va envoyer un e-mail pour voir ce qui s'est passé avec ça. René appellera également Marcel pour comprendre cela.

    La réunion avec le comité consultatif aura lieu le 13 mars à midi concernant les options de l'année prochaine. René a rencontré Randy Hunter récemment et il a entendu que personne n'avait répondu à propos de la réunion, alors il a fait bouger les choses. René souhaite également rencontrer le maire d'Atholville.

  5. Schedule

    Horaire

    Everything is going good.  For practices and games we are up to $58,459 not including tournaments as of Sunday Feb 23rd.  Splitting the cost with campbellton and dalhousie has been very even campbellton at $30,415 and dalhousie $28,044.  

    We will stop practices for march break other than for teams who request to keep their practices.  5 teams so far have responded they want to keep their practices.

     

    Tout va bien. Pour les entraînements et les matchs, nous sommes jusqu'à 58 459 $ sans compter les tournois au dimanche 23 février. Le partage des coûts avec campbellton et dalhousie a été très égal à campbellton à 30 415 $ et à dalhousie 28 044 $.
    Nous arrêterons les entraînements pour la relâche autre que pour les équipes qui demandent de garder leurs entraînements. Jusqu'à présent, 5 équipes ont répondu qu'elles souhaitaient conserver leurs pratiques.

  6. Treasurer's Report

    Rapport du trésorier

    currently at $167,829 revenue.

    Arnold maisey made $3054 that will be dropped a bit below $3000 because there are a few refunds for teams that only played 2 games to come out of there. 

    Marauders games-$ 4800

    Expenses $154,458

    The town of Dalhousie is impressed with the ways things are running this year.  Rene thinks we will be in a good place at the end of the season and he is happy about that.

     

    actuellement à 167 829 $ de revenus.
    Arnold Maisey a fait 3054 $, ce qui sera un peu inférieur à 3000 $, car il y a quelques remboursements pour les équipes qui n'ont joué que 2 matchs pour en sortir.
    Jeux de Maraudeurs - 4800 $
    Dépenses 154 458 $
    La ville de Dalhousie est impressionnée par la façon dont les choses se déroulent cette année. René pense que nous serons bien placés à la fin de la saison et il en est content.

    1. Fundraising Activities

      Activités de financement

      Marauders games are going great.  Signs for the 50/50 were created by Rene.  Gaetan's brother in law in fredericton got back to him from  6 color copy he is the manager there. He asked him for a few things: 30x30 “ $25 each and they are plastic.  3 feet by 4 feet glossy paper 15$. 250 81/2 by 11 20 cents a piece. 

      Rene motioned to approve a budget for signs of up to $200.  See motion below. 

      Jill went to Restigouche River Outfitters and spoke to Manon who does the embroidery.  She has some track suits and they would be good to go for next year. They were left with about 5-10 jackets from last year that Jill would like to motion for us to buy and try to sell.  Jill will get the price and we will send out a vote on it.

       

       

      Les jeux de Maraudeurs vont très bien. Les panneaux pour le 50/50 ont été créés par René. Le beau-frère des Gaétan's de Fredericton lui a communiqué une copie en 6 couleurs dont il est le gestionnaire. Il lui a demandé quelques choses: 30x30 “25 $ chacune et elles sont en plastique. Papier glacé de 3 pieds par 4 pieds 15 $. 250 81/2 par 11 20 cents la pièce.
      René a proposé d'approuver un budget pour des signes allant jusqu'à $200. Voir le mouvement ci-dessous.

      Jill est allée à la pourvoirie de la rivière Restigouche et a parlé à Manon qui fait la broderie. Elle a des survêtements et ce serait bien d'y aller pour l'année prochaine. Ils se sont retrouvés avec environ 5 à 10 vestes de l'année dernière que Jill aimerait nous proposer d'acheter et d'essayer de vendre. Jill obtiendra le prix et nous enverrons un vote à ce sujet.

       


       

  7. Coaches Committee Report

    Rapport du comité des entraîneurs

    Eric D was a little disappointed with trying to organize goalie clinics last time around.  He contacted Paul Drew who works at Andrews hockey camp and he is coming up on march 4th to do a goalie clinic in Belledune.  Eric tried to meet up with him to see if we could get something going up here for the future. He asked him for permission if we could coordinate some drills and he has been helping Eric with the drills.  This time Eric will get the managers involved so we will get kids out to the camp. We don't have to use the Andrews “brand”, we would just say the goalie coach from the Charlottetown Islanders gave us a hand with the drills to try and promote the goalie camp.  Paul was very interested in coming up to Dalhousie or Campbellton if we ever wanted him to come. Roger said it was fine for him to attend but we can't promote or endorse it as Andrews because then it causes harsh feelings between Charlie Bourgeois and other organizations.  We are going to try and do 2 more clinics one up to atom and then pee wee and up and do them back to back. Eric thinks it's important to get our goalies some extra time. Looking at possibly Sunday march 8th as everyone would be home from march break activities.  

    Eric D était un peu déçu d'avoir essayé d'organiser des cliniques de gardiens la dernière fois. Il a communiqué avec Paul Drew qui travaille au camp de hockey d'Andrews et il se rendra le 4 mars pour faire une clinique de gardien de but à Belledune. Eric a essayé de le rencontrer pour voir si nous pouvions faire avancer quelque chose ici pour l'avenir. Il lui a demandé la permission si nous pouvions coordonner certains exercices et il a aidé Eric avec les exercices. Cette fois, Eric impliquera les gérants afin que nous fassions sortir les enfants au camp. Nous n'avons pas à utiliser la «marque» Andrews, nous dirions simplement que l'entraîneur des gardiens des Islanders de Charlottetown nous a donné un coup de main avec les exercices pour essayer de promouvoir le camp des gardiens. Paul était très intéressé à venir à Dalhousie ou à Campbellton si nous voulions qu'il vienne. Roger a dit que c'était bien pour lui de participer, mais nous ne pouvons pas le promouvoir ou l'appuyer en tant qu'Andrews, car cela provoque des sentiments durs entre Charlie Bourgeois et d'autres organisations. Nous allons essayer de faire 2 autres cliniques, une jusqu'à l'atome, puis faire pipi et remonter et les faire dos à dos. Eric pense qu'il est important de donner du temps supplémentaire à nos gardiens. En regardant peut-être le dimanche 8 mars car tout le monde serait rentré des activités de la relâche.

  8. Manager Mentoring Report

    Rapport du mentirait pour les gérants

    Jill sent out an email to all managers that once your last game of the season is done she wants all the jerseys back as a team set. She stressed this.

    Jill a envoyé un e-mail à tous les managers pour dire qu'une fois votre dernier match de la saison terminé, elle souhaite que tous les maillots soient remis en équipe. Elle l'a souligné.

  9. Registrar Report

    Rapport du greffier

    Genny absent.  Nothing to report. 

    Genny absent. Rien à signaler.

  10. Disciplinary/Complaint Committee Report

    Rapport du comité de discipline/plainte

    Nothing to report. 

    Rien à signaler.

  11. NSMHL

    LHMCN

    Nothing to report. 

    Rien à signaler.

  12. Technical Director Report

    Rapport du directeur technique

    We had our skills and skating clinic, HNB is volunteering to come up and do the checking and angling clinic and Roger is trying to line it up with pee wee AAA as well so it will help with some of the funding.  Roger is just waiting on the technical director that does their clinics to get back to him. It will be an hr on ice and hr in class and then the coaches will have their certification for this.

     

    Nous avions notre clinique de compétences et de patinage, HNB se porte volontaire pour venir faire la clinique de vérification et de pêche à la ligne et Roger essaie également de l'aligner avec pee wee AAA, donc cela aidera avec une partie du financement. Roger n'attend que le directeur technique qui fait leurs cliniques pour lui revenir. Ce sera une heure sur glace et une heure en classe, puis les entraîneurs auront leur certification pour cette. 

    1. IP/Novice Director Report

      Rapport du directeur initiation/novice

      Eric Mockler not present.  Nothing to report. 

      Eric Mockler n'est pas présent. Rien à signaler.

    2. Atom/Peewee Director Report

      Rapport du directeur atom/peewee

      Rene motioned to vote to allow giving pee wee Isaac extra money for a tournament since the Boyce Fitzpatrick got cancelled.  See motion below.  3 in favor and 4 not in favor.  The decision will be emailed to him. 

      René a fait signe de voter pour permettre de donner à pee wee isaac de l'argent supplémentaire pour un tournoi depuis l'annulation du boyce fitzpatrick.  3 pour et 4 non. La décision lui sera envoyée par courrier électronique.

    3. Bantam/Midget Director Report

      Rapport du directeur bantam/Midget

      Jason not present.  Nothing to report
       

      Jason n'est pas présent.  Rien à signaler

    4. Female Hockey Director Report

      Rapport du directeur hockey féminin

      We had an ice time for females.  15 girls and 3 goalies attended. Roger talked to the parents afterwards and said it was a good turnout so they will continue.  Roger talked to Todd and Todd gave them the go ahead to continue and ROC will pick up the cost for this. He gave the options to the parents that it could be possible next year that they have an all girls team in pee wee rec division or double card and do some tournaments.  Brian Aresneault is no longer the female hockey representative for HNB.

      Nous avons eu un temps de glace pour les femmes. 15 filles et 3 gardiens de but étaient présents. Roger a parlé aux parents par la suite et a dit que c'était une bonne participation afin qu'ils continuent. Roger a parlé à Todd et Todd leur a donné le feu vert pour continuer et ROC en prendra les frais. Il a donné aux parents la possibilité qu'il soit possible l'année prochaine qu'ils aient une équipe de filles en division pee wee rec ou double carte et qu'ils fassent quelques tournois. Brian Aresneault n'est plus le représentant féminin du hockey pour HNB.

  13. Tournament Director Report

    Rapport du directeur des tournois

    Denise not present.  Candace will speak with Jena Mulcahy about Matt Simonson winter classic and sanctioning the tournament.

    Atom rec end of season tournaments and peewee provincials-  Jill wanted a discipline committee and she is working on that.  She contacted Brian Arsenault, Eric Pelletier and Todd Williams.  Todd asked Bobby Frees in case it has to go back to hnb it would go to Todd so he thought Bobby would be better.   For provincials they decided instead of opening ceremony they will do a small closing ceremony. They will be giving out the Ralph Hachey award at the provincials.

    Denise n'est pas présente. Candace discutera avec Jena Mulcahy du classique d'hiver Matt Simonson et de la sanction du tournoi.

    Tournois de fin de saison des Jeux olympiques et provinciaux de peewee - Jill voulait un comité de discipline et elle y travaille. Elle a communiqué avec Brian Arsenault, Eric Pelletier et Todd Williams. Todd a demandé à Bobby Frees au cas où il devrait revenir à HNB, il irait à Todd, donc il pensait que Bobby serait mieux. Pour les provinciaux, ils ont décidé, au lieu de la cérémonie d'ouverture, de faire une petite cérémonie de clôture. Ils remettront le prix Ralph Hachey aux provinciaux.

    1. Ernest Goulette Tournament

      Tournoi Ernest Goulette

      Nothing to report. 

      rien à signaler.

    2. Boyce Fitzpatrick Tournament

      Tournoi Boyce Fitzpatrick

      Has been officially cancelled.  Rene contacted Brian Fitzpatrick apologizing for the cancellation and he totally understood. Rene has a good date in February for a pee wee tournament we will discuss this closer to the AGM.

      A été officiellement annulé. René a contacté Brian Fitzpatrick en s'excusant de l'annulation et il a parfaitement compris. René a une bonne date en février pour un tournoi pipi, nous en discuterons plus près de l'AGA.

    3. Arnold Maisey Tournament

      Tournoi Arnold Maisey

      completed- status of funds above in financial report.  Vote regarding the refund for the Fredericton teams registration.  Rene made a motion to vote on a refund or no refund for the Fredericton team who cancelled and did not attend the tournament.  See motion below. There is no tournament refund policy on our registrations. passed unanimously to give no refund. 

      Terminé - état des fonds ci-dessus dans le rapport financier. Votez concernant le remboursement de l'inscription des équipes de Fredericton. René a présenté une motion pour voter sur un remboursement ou aucun remboursement pour l'équipe de Fredericton qui a annulé et n'a pas assisté au tournoi. Voir le mouvement ci-dessous.  Il n'y a aucune politique de remboursement de tournoi sur nos inscriptions. adopté à l'unanimité pour ne donner aucun remboursement.

    4. Timbits Tournament

      Tournoi Timbits

      Gaetan said he has 18 hours of ice time in Dalhousie if it is needed to ice the amount of teams.  Cut off is march 9th for registrations. All of the teams are paid except for one BDC Ceilidh is checking into it for Candace. Candace to send Rene schedule and he will send to Jeremy for scheduling refs.  

      Gaetan a dit qu'il avait 18 heures de temps de glace à Dalhousie si cela était nécessaire pour geler le nombre d'équipes. La date limite est le 9 mars pour les inscriptions. Toutes les équipes sont payées sauf un bdc Ceilidh s'enregistre pour Candace. Candace enverra le calendrier de René et il enverra à Jeremy pour planifier les références.

  14. New Business

    Nouvelle entreprise

    See below.

    Voir ci-dessous

    1. Player Affiliations

      Affiliation des joueurs

      Eric D wanted to talk about making it more clear to coaches about the process and details of how the affiliations work so everyone is aware at all times.  He has had some major issues with affiliations in the past. Roger said it is something that can be brought up to Eric Pelletier to make an amendment in the constitution so that it is clear the order and procedure in which people are contacted regarding affiliations.  Rene also suggested next year having a meeting with the high school coaches before the season starts to be sure they are aware of the process that needs to be followed, if not we will not allow those affiliations to happen.

      Eric D voulait parler de rendre plus clair aux entraîneurs le processus et les détails du fonctionnement des affiliations afin que tout le monde soit informé à tout moment. Il a eu des problèmes majeurs avec les affiliations dans le passé. Roger a dit que c'était quelque chose qui pouvait être soumis à Eric Pelletier pour apporter un amendement à la constitution afin qu'il soit clair l'ordre et la procédure dans lesquels les gens sont contactés concernant les affiliations. René a également suggéré l'année prochaine d'avoir une réunion avec les entraîneurs du secondaire avant le début de la saison pour être sûr qu'ils sont au courant du processus qui doit être suivi, sinon nous ne permettrons pas que ces affiliations se produisent.

    2. Ideas for displaying banners

      Idées pour afficher des bannières

      Rene has been working with the town on this.  Gilles had approached Rene to scan all the banners and now there is a plan  with the town about painting the wall behind the clock and displaying them there as hanging them in the original spot affects the lighting.  This is something that would be done this summer.

       

      René a travaillé avec la ville à ce sujet. Gilles avait approché René pour scanner toutes les bannières et maintenant il y a un plan avec la ville pour peindre le mur derrière l'horloge et les afficher là-bas car les accrocher à l'endroit d'origine affecte l'éclairage. C'est quelque chose qui se ferait cet été.

      1. Thank You for Jean Pelletier Home Hardware

        Merci pour Jean Pelletier Home Hardware

        We would like to get some kids to give him a sweatshirt from the association.  After the chuck A puck Rene will take the opportunity to thank the marauders and then give Jean the extra recognition by giving him the sweatshirt from the association.  Rene will organize a little write up to do during the chuck a puck.

        Nous aimerions que des enfants lui donnent un sweat de l'association. Après le mandrin Une rondelle René profitera de l'occasion pour remercier les maraudeurs puis donner à Jean une reconnaissance supplémentaire en lui remettant le sweat de l'association. René organisera une petite rédaction pour faire pendant le mandrin une rondelle.

    3. RNMHA Banquet

      Banquet RNMHA

      Rene was thinking of reaching out to parents to see if someone would like to take care of it.  He would like Joanne Hache and Jennifer Talbot Lavigne. He is wondering if it would be possible at this point to get prices and get the ticket sales going before the end of the season and give them to managers.

      René songeait à tendre la main aux parents pour voir si quelqu'un aimerait s'en occuper. Il aimerait Joanne Hache et Jennifer Talbot Lavigne. Il se demande s'il serait possible à ce stade d'obtenir des prix et de lancer les ventes de billets avant la fin de la saison et de les remettre aux managers.

    4. Atom Rec Savoie good deed

      Atom Rec Savoie bonne action

      Atom rec Savoie did a fundraiser for a child from Mont Joli who lost his mother in a tragic accident.  The family was overwhelmed and were not expecting this at all and very appreciative. They raised $1895 for the family.  Great job atom rec savoie.

      Atom rec Savoie a fait une collecte de fonds pour un enfant du Mont Joli qui a perdu sa mère dans un tragique accident. La famille était débordée et ne s'y attendait pas du tout et très reconnaissante. Ils ont recueilli 1895 $ pour la famille. Excellent travail atome rec savoie.

  15. Next Board Meeting

    Prochaine réunion du conseil

    Monday March 16th at 7 pm at the Inch Arren Arena 

    Lundi 16 mars à 19 h à l'aréna Inch Arren

  16. Adjournment

    Ajournement

    See motion below.

    Voir proposition ci-dessous.

Motions/Propositions

# Motion/Proposition Proposed by/
Proposé par
Seconded by/
Appuyé par
Vote
1

Approval of agenda

Approbation de l'ordre du jour

Jillian Labillois Eric Deschenes Passed Unanimously/Passer à l'unanimité
2

approval of minutes 

approbation du procès-verbal

Jillian Labillois Colette Ryan Passed Unanimously/Passer à l'unanimité
3

Adjourn meeting

Ajournement de la réunion.

Jillian Labillois Candace Roy Passed Unanimously/Passer à l'unanimité
4

$200 budget for 50/50 advertisement signs. 

Budget de 200 $ pour les panneaux publicitaires 50/50.

René Haché Jillian Labillois Passed Unanimously/Passer à l'unanimité
5

Give PeeWee Isaac extra money to attend a tournament since the Boyce Fitzpatrick was cancelled.  3 in favor and 4 not in favor. 

Donnez à PeeWee Isaac de l'argent supplémentaire pour assister à un tournoi depuis l'annulation du Boyce Fitzpatrick. 3 pour et 4 non.

René Haché Jillian Labillois Motion denied/ Motion refusée
6

Refund or no refund for the Fredericton team that cancelled and did not attend the Arnold Maisey tournament. 

Remboursement ou aucun remboursement pour l'équipe de Fredericton qui a annulé et n'a pas assisté au tournoi Arnold Maisey.

René Haché Candace Roy no refund passed unanimously/aucun remboursement adopté à l'unanimité